World Bowling will have 64 athletes from 19 countries competing in The World Games 2017
which is set to take place at Sky Bowling in Wroclaw, Poland from July 20-30. 32 men and 32 women will be battling it out across four days of tough competition with 18 medals up for grabs.
The competition is set with a singles format as well as a doubles format with men and women athletes competing in separate divisions. The bowling portion of the competition is scheduled from July 20-24 with medal ceremonies from the day’s competition happening at the end of each day.
Athletes qualified for the prestigious, multi games event during the 2016 Zone Championship events – The Asian Championships, The European Men’s Championships, The European Women’s Championships and the PABCON Championships.
The World Games 2017 – Bowling Competition
- Canada – Valerie Bercier, Francois Lavoie, Dan MacLelland, Miranda Panas
- China – Zhang Chunli, Zhang Yuhong
- Chinese Taipei – Hsieh Chin-Liang, Hung Kun-Yi, Pan Yu-Fen, Tsai Hsin-Yi
- Colombia – Andres Gomez, Clara Juliana Guerrero, Rocio Restrepo, Oscar Rodriguez
- Denmark – Jesper Agerbo, Rikke Holm Agerbo, Britt Brøndsted, Thomas Larsen
- Finland – Eliisa Hiltunen, Osku Palermaa, Sanna Pasanen, Juhani Tonteri
- Germany – Laura Beuthner, Andreas Gripp, Birgit Pöppler, Tobias Börding
- Great Britain – Rebecca Daly, Samantha Hannan
- Hong Kong, China – Michael Mak, Wu Siu Hong
- Italy – Massimiliano Celli, Alessandro Spada
- Japan – Mirai Ishimoto, Yuhi Shimbata, Hikaru Takekawa, Shogo Wada
- Netherlands – Johnny Spil, Jeffrey Van De Wakker
- Poland – Lucyna Charęzińska, Daria Pająk, Patryk Preus, Alessandro Silletti
- Puerto Rico – Mariana Ayala, Cristian Azcona, Frankie Colon, Kristie Lopez
- Singapore – Marcus Kiew, Bernice Lim, Timothy Tham, Joey Yeo
- South Korea – Cho Youngseon, Kang Heewon, Kang Sujin, Kim Moonjeong
- Ukraine – Liliia Kononenko, Daria Kovalova
- United States – Jakob Butturff, Tommy Jones, Kelly Kulick, Danielle McEwan
- Venezuela – Patricia De Faría, Massimiliano Fridegotto, Karen Marcano, Ildemaro Ruiz
The Olympic Channel will live stream daily coverage from The World Games.
World Bowling provides governance to international bowling and is made up of 115 member federations within three geographical zones. For more information on the International World Games Association, click here. For more information on The World Games 2017, click here.