Bill O’Neill leads Team USA Pan American Games Trials after Day One

    03/23/11

    Team USA News

    International Training and Research Center in Arlington, Texas (March 22-23, 2011)

    201011PBA06BillONeill.jpg201011PBA06ChrisBarnes.jpgAfter 16 of 32 games, Bill O'Neill (pictured left) leads a field of eleven Team USA members competing in the Pan American Games Trials at the International training and Research Center.

    Powered by a 300 game, O'Neill fired 3,867, an average of 241.68, to top the field on Tuesday. Chris Barnes (right) is second with 3,673.

    Players are competing in four eight-game blocks over two days with the final two blocks starting Wednesday at 10 p.m. Eastern live on BOWL.com.

    Total pinfall will determine finishing position, which will assign points to each player that makes up 60 percent of the Pan American Game Trials. The other 40 percent of the equation is based on how each player finished at the United States Bowling Congress Masters and the Lumber Liquidators U.S. Open this year.

    The top two players in the points list will advance to represent the United States in Guadalajara, Mexico, in October at the Pan American Games. If the standings were to remain the same after 32 games, O'Neill and Barnes would be the two players who advance.

    Team USA Pan American Games Trials - Standings after 16/32 games
    1, Bill O'Neill, 3,837
    2, Chris Barnes, 3,673
    3, Patrick Allen, 3,662
    4, Wes Malott, 3,648
    5, Mike Fagan, 3,647
    6, EJ Tackett, 3,634
    7, Scott Boyle, 3,605
    8, Tommy Jones, 3,555
    9, Walter Ray Williams Jr., 3,532
    10, Steve Smith, 3,412
    11, Jarrett Mizo, 3,312

    The Pan American Games are an Americas version of the Olympic Games which includes the Olympic program sports and others that are not part of the Olympics. The United States Olympic Committee has specific requirements for selecting players to compete in the event.

    PBA's Extra Frame and BOWL.com are providing Live Streaming of the Team USA Pan Am Games Trials Tuesday and Wednesday from 8.45 a.m. - Noon and 1:45 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. (CDT) both days.

    Brunswick is also providing live online scoring on both days. Click here to view the scores.

     


     




    Related Articles


    Team USA Pan Am Games Trials Live Streaming/Live Scoring is underway at ITRC
    Spots in Pan American Games up for grabs for Team USA men next week
    Canada names team for 2011 Pan American Games